JUMPSTART MEAL PLAN
Welcome to 2023!
This new year is an opportunity for a fresh start! Discover the key to getting back on track after holiday fun and stripping away extra pounds with a 3-day jumpstart.
With an effective balance of protein, fiber, healthy fat, and complex carbs, this plan is meant to press the RESET button, so you can start seeing results quickly.
Turn to this 3-Day Jumpstart when you need to break a habit, when your indulgences are spinning out of control, when you feel like yelling, “STOP!” I’m tired of feeling this way!” or, when you’re hitting a weight loss plateau.
With this jumpstart, I guide you through 3 days of recipes… breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with plant-based and traditional protein options for every meal. Recipes are included!
If your goal is to improve your eating patterns, drop a few pounds, ramp up your energy levels, or feel more focused throughout the day, then step into the jumpstart.
Each day includes a delicious menu of carefully chosen “foods for fat loss” with a combination of lean proteins, healthy fats, heart healthy legumes, and vitamin-packed veggies and fruits.
It’s a simple, sound, and physician-approved way to lose weight, gain energy, enjoy a new way of eating.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It’s a simple program. During the 3-Day Jumpstart, you’ll be eating three meals a day.
Each meal has two recipe options, so you can tailor the plan to your activity level and dietary preferences.
In addition, you’ll eliminate starchy carbohydrates, such as breads, pastas, rice, and crackers.
This simple, nutritious meal plan focuses on lean proteins, healthy fats, and a colorful array of vegetables.
Plus, you’ll be enjoying delicious, nutrient dense protein shakes that will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
Hydration will be key for these 3 days! Everybody drinks water. For most people, not enough. Drinking water helps your urinary tract stay healthy, allows food to move efficiently along the digestive tract, helps regulate blood pressure and body temperature, and protects organs, joints, organs, and tissues. And, it gives you a feeling of fullness!
WHAT WILL YOU EAT?
Glad you asked! Two of your three meals will be made up of lean protein, healthy fat, and vegetables.
For one meal, you will enjoy a nutritious protein shake.
For even faster results, replace two meals with a shake!
The recipes in the jumpstart will inspire you to eat healthy, whole foods.
I’ve seen people lose up to 11 pounds in two weeks with this jumpstart.
DAY 1 FOOD PLAN
2 Eggs with steamed kale, spinach, or mixed greens
Sweet Potato Toast
DAY 1 WORKOUT
20-MIN TOTAL BODY CIRCUIT
This is a fan favorite because each the 20-min circuit is a complete total-body reset that incorporates strength training mixed with cardio to keep you wanting more!
DAY 2 FOOD PLAN
Green Machine Shake
Tuna with tomatoes, white beans, avocado, and walnuts. Serve on mixed greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
No Tuna Salad
Plant-Powered Buddha Bowl
DAY 2 WORKOUT
PUMP UP THE PACE WALKING AUDIO
If you want to turn your walk into a workout, try this 30-minute Pump Up The Pace guided walk. This free audio incorporates brief interval bursts shown to help break through any weight loss plateaus and improve your cardiovascular health.
DAY 3 FOOD PLAN
Arugula tossed with blackberries, avocado, walnuts, with chicken. Dress with lemon juice.
Veggie Burrito Bowl
DAY 3 WORKOUT
15-Min Barre Abs
Stronger abs in 15! This barre workout uses a series of small, concentrated movements designed to tighten and sculpt hard-to-reach muscles to cinch your waistline.
Things to keep in mind before you dive in:
- Eat for success – Never start your day without a food plan. By mapping out where, when, and what you’ll be eating, you won’t fall into the roller-coaster trap of not eating frequently enough, having a crash in blood sugar, then craving sweets for fast energy.
- Experiment with mealtimes that work best for you. If you’re determined to learn how to lose fat, don’t just focus on what you eat, but also consider when you eat. A popular schedule is to eat a protein/vegetable for breakfast, a protein shake for your second meal, protein/vegetable for your third meal and protein shake for your fourth. Fast Track is a great, basic plan to follow, but it can be adjusted for your own personal workouts, schedules, and goals.
- Veggie Variety: Get creative with your vegetables! It’s great to combine your veggies. Remember, every color means a unique set of vitamins and minerals. Lycopen in the reds, and carotenoids and bioflavonoids in orange and yellow vegetables. And, don’t forget the super greens like broccoli, asparagus, and kale. The different phytochemicals have scientific, complex sounding names, but put simply, they’re all just pieces that fit together to create your solution for a healthy, vital life.
- Drink lots of water, and swap your bedtime nightcap for a cup of soothing and relaxing herbal tea.
- This plan uses protein powder, NOT meal replacement powder. I recommend purchasing a powder that’s whey or egg-white based and is free of artificial sweeteners, colors, and other additives you can’t pronounce. Try to get a powder that contains at least 15 grams of protein per serving and has less than 5 grams of carbohydrates or sugar. Read the ingredients label and stick with powders sweetened with stevia extract.
- And finally, don’t be afraid to bend the rules on occasion. Listen to your body and adjust serving sizes based on how much fuel you need. This is not an excuse to binge, but rather, if you’re really hungry after a meal, try adding a few more ounces of protein or some more vegetables.