JUMPSTART MEAL PLAN
Join me in a 3-Day Jumpstart!
This plan is meant to help fast-track your weight loss, so you can start seeing results quickly. It’s a sneak peak of a longer program, Eat for Vitality (you can see the full program below).
Turn to this 3-Day Jumpstart when you need to break old habits, when your indulgences are spinning out of control, when you feel like yelling, “STOP!” I’m tired of feeling this way!” or, when you’re hitting a weight loss plateau.
Since this program involves lowering your consumption of calories (you’ll be getting approximately 1,200-1,300 per day), this program is not for life time and should only be used as a short-term plan for up to 2 weeks.
It’s a simple, sound and physician-approved way to lose weight, jump-start your new way of eating-or to accelerate your weight loss results.
Designed specifically for women over 40, the 3-Day Jumpstart is an eating plan that teaches you how to eat in a proven, healthy way by helping you manage your insulin levels. When it comes to losing fat, this is a good thing.
Each day includes a delicious menu of carefully-chosen “foods for fat loss” with the perfect balance of lean proteins, healthy fats, heart-healthy legumes, and vitamin-packed veggies and fruits.
Of course, you’ll be losing some water weight in this early stage, but don’t worry, you’ll lose fat, weight and inches too!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It’s a simple program. During the 3-Day Jumpstart, you’ll be eating three meals a day and eliminate starchy carbohydrates, such as breads, pastas, rice, crackers, etc., focusing on lean proteins, healthy fats, and a colorful array of vegetables.
Plus, you’ll be enjoying delicious, nutrient dense protein shakes that will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
Hydration will be key for these 3 days! Everybody drinks water. For most people, not enough. Drinking water helps your urinary tract stay healthy, allows food to move efficiently along the digestive tract, helps regulate blood pressure and body temperature, and protects organs, joints, organs, and tissues.
WHAT WILL YOU EAT?
Glad you asked! Two of your three meals will be made up of lean protein, healthy fat, and vegetables. At your other meal, you will enjoy a nutritious protein shake. For even faster results, replace two meals with a shake!
I’ve seen people lose up to 11 pounds in two weeks with this jumpstart – that’s why this is considered one of the best fast tracks to losing fat.
2 Eggs with steamed kale, spinach, or mixed greens
Sweet Potato Toast
“The Ivy” Salad… best salad I’ve ever had!
Enchilada Soup with Heart of Palm
Green Machine Shake
Tuna with tomatoes, white beans, avocado, and walnuts. Serve on mixed greens with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
No Tuna Salad
Plant-Powered Buddha Bowl
Santa Monica Omelet
Southwestern Tofu Scramble
Arugula tossed with blackberries, avocado, walnuts, with chicken. Dress with lemon juice.
Veggie Burrito Bowl
Cherry Chocolate Collagen Shake
Things to keep in mind before you dive in:
- Eat for success – Never start your day without a food plan. By mapping out where, when, and what you’ll be eating, you won’t fall into the roller-coaster trap of not eating frequently enough, having a crash in blood sugar, then craving sweets for fast energy.
- Experiment with mealtimes that work best for you. If you’re determined to learn how to lose fat, don’t just focus on what you eat, but also consider when you eat. A popular schedule is to eat a protein/vegetable for breakfast, a protein shake for your second meal, protein/vegetable for your third meal and protein shake for your fourth. Fast Track is a great, basic plan to follow, but it can be adjusted for your own personal workouts, schedules, and goals.
- Veggie Variety: Get creative with your vegetables! It’s great to combine your veggies. Remember, every color means a unique set of vitamins and minerals. Lycopen in the reds, and carotenoids and bioflavonoids in orange and yellow vegetables. And, don’t forget the super greens like broccoli, asparagus, and kale. The different phytochemicals have scientific, complex sounding names, but put simply, they’re all just pieces that fit together to create your solution for a healthy, vital life.
- Drink lots of water, and swap your bedtime nightcap for a cup of soothing and relaxing herbal tea.
- This plan uses protein powder, NOT meal replacement powder. I recommend purchasing a powder that’s whey or egg-white based and is free of artificial sweeteners, colors, and other additives you can’t pronounce. Try to get a powder that contains at least 15 grams of protein per serving and has less than 5 grams of carbohydrates or sugar. Read the ingredients label and stick with powders sweetened with stevia extract.
- And finally, don’t be afraid to bend the rules on occasion. Listen to your body and adjust serving sizes based on how much fuel you need. This is not an excuse to binge, but rather, if you’re really hungry after a meal, try adding a few more ounces of protein or some more vegetables.