No Tuna Salad
*Prep Time: *10 min
1 (15 oz) can unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 C diced celery
2 Tbsp diced pickle or sauerkraut
1 Tbsp crumbled nori seaweed
2 Tbsp tahini
1/2 juiced lemon
1 tsp Dijon or yellow mustard
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
1 Tbsp roasted unsalted sunflower seeds, optional
1/2 Tsbp maple syrup
In a medium mixing bowl, place the chickpeas.
Mash with a fork, leaving only a few beans whole.
Add tahini, mustard, maple syrup, celery, diced pickle (or sauerkraut), salt, pepper, and sunflower seeds.
Crumble in nori to add fishy flavor.
Mix well, taste, and adjust seasonings as desired.
Create a bed of lettuce, and add tomato and onion.
Scoop about 1/2 C of chickpea mixture on top of a bed of lettuce.
– The mixture will keep covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days, making it practical for quick, weekday lunches
Switch Between High and Low Carb Days
I’ve seen the technique work wonders for countless women at midlife and beyond. It’s so simple. You just boost your carb intake for a few days, cut back for a few days, then continue alternating. Results happen quickly. And it feels so great, you won’t even need willpower.
Devotees of the approach say they’ve cycled their way to soaring energy, dramatically better health and a youthful glow—all while dropping 10, 11, even 12 pounds a week!
Carb Cycling Made Easy
The e-book also includes 100+ healthy, wholesome recipes to kickstart weight loss.
Aim to be more physically active on higher-carb days, and less active on lower-carb days.
Eat for Vitality includes…
- Jumpstart Program: 6 jumpstart days that incorporate carb cycling to kickstart your journey to metabolic flexibility.
- Simple 6 Fit for Life Eating Plan: Shows you what to eat and when to eat
- 100+ Healthy, Wholesome Recipes: Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and shakes that will inspire you to eat healthy, whole foods.
- Transition to Optimal Eating: Techniques to move out of the diet mentality and stop getting caught in a vicious cycle of dieting and then blowing the diet.
- Facebook Support Group: Accountability, encouragement, and support!
- BONUS! Stay Calm Solutions: This special technique helps you stop stress-eating, late-night snacking, and binging.