What is it?
Interval training, also known as “burst training,” is cardio exercise that uses “bursts” of activity at high-intensity for a period of time, followed by low-intensity exercise for a period of time.
What’s so great about Interval Training?
- Interval training increases your fitness level. It’s all about your “lactate threshold” – the point when your body produces more lactic acid than it can clear away, and you start to feel “the burn.” Slow & steady cardio training never stretches that limit. But intervals train your aerobic system to clear lactic acid better, so in time, you can comfortably work harder and burn even more calories, even on your slow days.
- It makes your cardio a whole lot more exciting. Intervals break up the monotony by giving you something to look forward to. Best of all: It causes your body to shoot a burst of feel-good hormones into the blood stream, compensating for the extra physical push.
- It sheds intramuscular fat. Do you have a zone of stubborn fat on the butt, the gut, or the thighs? It’s called intramuscular fat, or visceral fat. Your typical humdrum cardio sessions can’t touch this fat store. The key to reducing it is interval training.
- It raises the calorie count of your workouts, AND raises your metabolism for several hours afterward.
So next time you’re out for a walk, try it. Do a quick warm-up, go at a steady state pace, and then go for a burst of intensity, whether it’s 90 seconds or 3 minutes – push it out and then recover. And, keep repeating that cycle – push, recover. Push, recover. Incorporate this into your cardio routine a few times a week, and before you know it, you’ll “burst” away that belly fat.
Get a jumpstart on interval training with my
NEW Ultimate Fat Burning set:
Set Includes 8 Workouts:
• Cardio Fat Burner DVD
• Functionally Fit: Peak Fat Burning Workout
• Fat Burning Workout
• Power Walk For Weight Loss DVD
• Body Basics Workout
• Winning Workout
• Secrets of a Great Upper Body Workout
• Secrets of a Great Lower Body Workout
I agree 100% with how much more this will benefit you for releasing belly fat. I have joined a Facebook group called Mile a Day in 2012 and have used interval training for just that quick mile. Since January 1st I have released 1″ off my waist that I have been trying to release for a long time as well as having a more toned stomach area period.
I love your DVDs! Just saw the ad above in this website that you offer a free workout DVD until Jan. 31. I’m sure it’s great but when the link is checked there is no mention of that particular DVD or the offer. How can I access this offer?
do you have a dvd that uses this interval training method? in the winter i like doing my exercise indoors… big fan, btw;-)
You may want to try Kathy’s Timesaver: Cardio Fat Burner DVD…it contains two 20 minute workouts, one of which includes a series of “Cardio Bursts”!
Also, Kathy’s Slimdown Circuit DVD contains an excellent workout with 2 minute “intense intervals”!
Hopefully this helps you! Good luck!