Heart-Healthy Shake – Vanilla Chai
- 1/2 ripe and frozen banana – packed with fiber, potassium, B6, and vitamin C to support heart health
- 8 oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk (Optional: replace 4 oz of milk with 4 oz of chai tea) – Almond milk doesn’t have any cholesterol or saturated fat, and low in sodium…which leps prevent high blood pressure
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder – check out the Kathy Smith shake
- ½ tsp powdered ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon – Can lower blood sugar levels and reduce heart disease risk factors.
- dash of: pepper, cardamom, ground cloves, and nutmeg
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp fish oil, flax seed, or Borage oil – These include Omega-3 fatty acids, which are a type of unsaturated fatty acid that may reduce inflammation throughout the body.Directions:
Place all ingredients in blender and mix together. Add ice to thicken or chill. Enjoy!
THE BEST TASTING PROTEIN SHAKE EVER!
Decades later, one of my secrets to living a vibrant, healthy life is having a protein shake on a regular basis. It’s a simple thing to do, but it has energizing effects! I’m excited to share this key to optimal health by introducing a protein shake I know is clean, natural, and delicious…Introducing the KATHY SMITH PROTEIN SHAKE!