STAYING STRONG STRETCH
15-MIN STAYING STRONG STRETCH
With both standing and sitting movements, this graceful routine brings suppleness to the joints, hips, shoulders and legs…and clarity to your mind.
Workouts aren’t one-size fits all. From HIIT to pilates… from walking to strength training… whatever exercise is your go-to, stretching is an essential part of any routine.
We all have some degree of mobility restrictions and imbalances. The problem is that not only do we sit too much, causing a banana-shaped posture, but we also don’t put our bodies into enough different positions that give TLC to a variety of muscle groups.
The solution? Stretching.
Today’s gentle stretch has an 8-minute section that’s done in a chair, and can be done before bedtime to alleviate menopausal symptoms and prepare your body and mind for deep sleep.
Of course, stretching can relieve sore and stiff muscles, but it also improves your muscle function, reduces your risk of injury, and helps your body move in day-to-day life.
Incorporating stretching into your daily routine helps you gradually experience the maximum benefits that come from stretching, including…
- Opening and releasing tension in the upper back for better body alignment and posture
- Elongating hamstrings and releasing hip flexors to reduce tightness in the lower back
- Maintaining pliable and flexible muscles to keep you more active and pain-free during daily activities, sports, and walks
- Releasing tension throughout the body for a better night’s sleep
- Pairing breath with movement to relax your mind and achieve an overall sense of calm
Let’s get stretching!
Moving Through Menopause
Featured on the New York Times best-seller list and the Oprah Winfrey Show.
One study that followed a group of menopausal women found that stretching before bed improved their mood and decreased hot flashes and night sweats.
Menopause with Ease
Includes 5 Complete Workouts and 1 New York Times best-selling book
√ Moving Through Menopause e-book *Featured On The Oprah Show and New York Times Best-Seller List * –
√ Moving Through Menopause Featured On The Oprah Show
√ Staying Strong
√ Wellness Mind + Body Relaxation
√ Shaper Ball Workout
√ Body Balance