1 Move To Get Rid Of Knee Fat AND Arm Jiggle
When you think about it, summer is all about the “less is more” rule: Less work, more play. Less stress, and (hopefully) more vacation. Less clothing and more skin.
Whether you’re summer dress shopping and concerned about your exposed “knee fat”, shoulders, and arms, or you’re looking to get swimsuit-ready just in time for beach season, here’s the good news: When it comes to exercises that help you lose weight, tone up, and feel and look your summer best, less is STILL more!
It’s all about compound movements: Exercises that combine multiple body-parts rather than isolating them individually, so that you can get more bang for your buck. That means more calories burned in less time, fewer hours spent sweating in the gym, and more time to get out and enjoy the sunshine with your loved ones.
Try this 1 move to tighten your knees and arms:
Rear-Dip Lunge With Tricep Kickback:
What it does:
- This version of the lunge is an excellent sculptor for the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, triceps and core. This is a true functional move because it combines so many muscle groups in one movement.
How to do it:
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, step your left foot directly behind you, taking a wide stance, and bend your legs, lowering your torso down into a lunge. Be sure and maintain that core stability to prevent injury.
- While in lunge position, keep your shoulders over your hips, back knee slightly bent, front knee in alignment with your front toes, shoulders back and down.
- Feel your weight in your right (front) heel as you push yourself to standing.
- As you return to standing, do a tricep kickback: Reach your arms back behind you and extend, feeling a squeeze in the tricep.
- Practice the lunge and tricep kickback movements separately and without weights at first.
- When you come to standing, use your core muscles to lift the back leg off the floor and extend it behind you, squeezing the glutes as you perform the tricep kickback.