1 lb. flank steak
2 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, gills scraped clean
Coconut oil for brushing on grill
¼ cup chopped scallion
¼ cup chopped mint
¼ cup chopped cilantro
For the marinade:
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together and drizzle over steak and mushrooms. Let marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare grill (or use an indoor grill pan).
3. Remove steak and mushrooms from marinade. Brush grill lightly with oil.
4. Cook steak for 4 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let rest covered with foil.
5. Cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes on each side.
6. Slice the steak thinly across the grain and slice the mushrooms into thick pieces. Arrange on plates and sprinkle with chopped herbs. Serve lime wedges on the side.
TIP: Serve with grilled baby bok choy.