Garden Turkey Burgers – Serves 2
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 green onions, chopped fine
½ red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, fully thawed and drained
½ pound ground turkey breast
½ tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
½ teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
dash of hot sauce (like Tabasco)
freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a nonstick pan, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender (about 5 – 7 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
- Over the sink, squeeze all of the water out of the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, spinach, and the sautéed onion mixture. Season to taste with the herbs, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Form 2 burger patties.
- Heat the nonstick skillet to medium high. Cook the burgers in the hot pan for 5–7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves or on top of mixed greens with a side of sliced tomatoes.