- YIELD 6 to 8 servings
- TIME 40 minutes, plus chilling
- 2 cups dried hibiscus (see Tip)
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 (2-inch) chunk of ginger, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries (optional)
- ½ cup agave syrup or granulated sugar, or to taste
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Note from Kathy: I add in one scoop of the KS Wellness Collagen Beauty Drink
- Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a medium stainless-steel pot.
- Add hibiscus flowers, and cinnamon, ginger and allspice berries, if using. Turn off heat and steep for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher or bowl and cool to room temperature. Sweeten to taste. Serve chilled over ice, with lime wedges.
- TIP: You can use whole hibiscus flowers or pieces, but if using pieces, steep for less time, tasting as you go, until it is your desired strength. If you wish, you can also dilute the drink with water to taste.
Hello sunny skies… we’ve been waiting for you! I’m on island time, enjoying the azure hues of the sea. In Greece, the drinks are as exotic as the cuisine. With the hot and humid weather, an icy afternoon refresher is an invitation I’ll never turn down!
As we head into beach and picnic season, today’s new Red Hibiscus Punch Recipe goes hand-in-hand with summer, and is perfect to jazz up any outdoor occasion.
In Mexico, they call it Agua de Jamaica. In the Caribbean, they call it sorrel. I simply call it delicious! This drink is made by simmering hibiscus blossoms, mixing in spices, and then chilling it on ice.
A bright ruby red, perfectly sweet beverage.
To amplify the benefits of this drink, add in a scoop of collagen.
Collagen is an essential protein that nourishes hair, skin, and nails, along with repairing joints, bones, muscles and tendons.
It’s no secret that our body’s ability to replenish collagen decreases as we age, which is why supplementing our system with it can result in a smoother, firmer complexion, thicker hair, stronger nails and cushioned joints.
The KS Wellness Collagen Beauty Drink is a pure formula that offers other powerhouse vitamins and compounds that further boost collagen production.