- YIELD 4 servings
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers (or replace with Tazo’s “Passion” herbal tea. It’s mostly hibiscus, with orange peel and rose hips)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Lime slices, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Optional: add in one scoop of the KS Wellness Collagen Beauty Drink
- Note from Kathy: I drink my teas unsweetened but you can always use a dab of honey while you’re heating it up or maple syrup once it’s cooled.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the dried hibiscus flowers. Let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the hibiscus-infused water into a pitcher, discarding the flowers.
- Stir in the fresh lime juice and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, add the sparkling water to the chilled hibiscus mixture.
- Fill glasses with ice cubes and pour the hibiscus punch over the ice.
- Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint leaves.
- Serve and enjoy your refreshing, low-sugar hibiscus punch!
I just returned from Madrid, where the drinks are as exotic as the cuisine. It was a delightful experience exploring the vibrant flavors and sipping on refreshing concoctions that truly tantalized the taste buds.
Today’s Red Hibiscus Punch Recipe goes hand-in-hand with summer, and is perfect to jazz up any outdoor occasion.
In Spain, they call it Agua de Jamaica. In the Caribbean, they call it sorrel. I simply call it delicious! This drink is made by simmering hibiscus blossoms, mixing in spices, and then chilling it on ice.
A bright ruby red, perfectly sweet beverage.
To amplify the benefits of this drink, add in a scoop of collagen.
Collagen is an essential protein that nourishes hair, skin, and nails, along with repairing joints, bones, muscles and tendons.
It’s no secret that our body’s ability to replenish collagen decreases as we age, which is why supplementing our system with it can result in a smoother, firmer complexion, thicker hair, stronger nails and cushioned joints.
The KS Wellness Collagen Beauty Drink is a pure formula that offers other powerhouse vitamins and compounds that further boost collagen production.