Quinoa Mason Jar Salad
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp honey
1/3 C. zucchini
1/3 C. red peppers
1/4 C. peas
1/4 C. radishes
1/3 C. cooked quinoa
1/2 C. spinach
In the bottom of the mason jar, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard and honey. Mix together until the oil and vinegar combine. Layer in zucchini, red peppers, peas, radishes, quinoa and spinach.
Garden Turkey Burgers
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 green onions, chopped fine
½ red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, fully thawed and drained
½ pound ground turkey breast
½ tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
½ teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
dash of hot sauce (like Tabasco)
freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a nonstick pan, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender (about 5 – 7 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
- Over the sink, squeeze all of the water out of the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, spinach, and the sautéed onion mixture. Season to taste with the herbs, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Form 2 burger patties.
- Heat the nonstick skillet to medium high. Cook the burgers in the hot pan for 5–7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves or on top of mixed greens with a side of sliced tomatoes.
Asian Glazed Salmon
3 tbsp white or yellow miso (soy bean paste)
3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons water
nonstick canola oil cooking spray
4 salmon filets (4 to 6 oz each)
- Preheat boiler.
- Combine miso, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and water in a small bowl, mixing until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and mist with canola oil spray. Arrange fish on baking sheet, skin side down. Coat each fish piece with the miso mixture.
- Broil fish 6 inches from heat for 10 minutes, or until fish is cooked through. Sprinkle with scallions.Serves 4
Kale Salad With Warm Cranberry Almond Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
juice and zest of half a lemon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 bunch kale, very thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds
(optional) 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or goat cheese
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and saute for at least 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Then add cranberries, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice and zest, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the kale with olive oil and an extra pinch of salt, and massage kale with your fingers for 1 minute until tender. Add in the cranberry/shallot mixture and almonds, and toss to combine. Serve topped with crumbled cheese if desired.
4 large leaves of romaine lettuce
1 turkey breast, sliced into strips
¼ cucumber, sliced thin
¼ c. goat cheese, crumbled
Place lettuce leaves onto a plate, cup side up.
Place the turkey strips evenly on the lettuce, and top with cucumber, carrots, and goat cheese.
Tuck in sides and roll up tightly. Serve immediately or use toothpicks to secure wraps for later.
Keep Kathy in Your Pocket with ReShape!
The ReShape Method Includes…
• Cardio workouts to keep you in the fat-burning zone
• Strength training routines to help tighten and lift your entire body
• Walking audios with upbeat music and my coaching to help you blast belly fat
• Veggie recipes that take 30 mins or less to make eating with your family more enjoyable
• Protein shake tonics that you can take with you on-the-go and feel satisfied until your next meal
• Sleep visualizations to do at night time to help you fall asleep quickly and sleep through the night