Are You Too Tired To Exercise?
Try these tips to give you a boost of energy:
To keep up regular daily exercise, be prepared to battle common lifestyle issues. One excuse I often hear is "I'm too tired to exercise." If this is your excuse to not get up and get moving, try moving your workouts to the morning, when the day's events haven't kicked in to either disrupt you or wear you down.
Make sure you are getting enough sleep, too! Sometimes to get motivated I will make myself drink a vitamin C drink, then lie on the floor to do inversions where I get my hips above my shoulders so the blood flows to my head. Everyone may need something different to get over that initial hump. But for most everyone the first five minutes are the hardest. Once you get the circulation going and the heart beating faster, the body takes over. It's like the law of inertia: A body in action tends to stay in motion. A little sugar also can be a helpful jumpstart. Try chewing a piece of gum, then take some deep breaths and think about how wonderful you will feel after working out. When I'm feeling tired, I like to put a drop of peppermint of eucalyptus oil on my wrist and smell the aroma. The scent lifts my mood and gives me an extra boost of energy.
If you need some extra motivation, try these 5 simple steps:
1. Turn your workout into a social event with friends. One of my favorite indoor workouts to do with my friends is Matrix Method: Power Walk For Weight Loss.
2. Trick your brain. Tell yourself you're only going to work out for 10 minutes. My Tummy Trimmer DVD is a great option for a quick exercise because it's split up into five 10-minute segments.
3. Listen to your body and don't force it to do what it resists. if you don't feel like adding speed…don't.
4. Think about how you'll feel after your workout!
5. Have a pre-workout ritual. Put on your favorite song that makes you move. Check out my favorite workout songs here.
Make it happen!