8 Ways To Master Your Morning
I recently returned from LA, where I attended the 2015 IDEA Fitness Convention, and my mind is completely invigorated by all of the energy…12,000 trainers under one roof — oh my 🙂
At the opening ceremonies, Brendon Burchard talked about the importance of mastering your morning to create the most productive, energy-filled day. Here’s the truth…you don’t HAVE energy, you CREATE energy. Most people lose their mojo within the first two hours of waking up because they become REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE. Instead of tying up their laces for a workout, they stay snuggled in bed checking social media. If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone.
For me, mastering my morning means setting my intentions and my daily focus instead of mindlessly scrolling through Facebook.
Try these 8 ideas to take back your morning!
• Before breakfast, enjoy a nature walk barefoot in the grass (I call this “grounding”). As silly as it sounds, studies have shown that grounding has remarkable health advantages, such as increasing antioxidants and reducing inflammation.
• Spend 10 minutes in a comfortable, quiet place and meditate, taking notice of your thoughts and feelings. That’s it! No judging, no problem solving, no list making, just a few quiet moments of stillness and focusing on your breath.
• Make your morning shower a sensory delight with scented shower gels and lotions.
• Visit a small area in your yard that is lush with flowers and fragrant herbs. Add a chair so you can sit and feel replenished for a few moments every morning.
• Sit for a few minutes looking out the window to capture the early sun with your favorite tea or even bulletproof coffee.
• Find an inspirational poem or quote to plant in your mind so it’s the first thing you think about. It could be about love, gratitude or wonder. Mine right now is a quote by Rumi, “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you…don’t go back to sleep.”
• Light a fragrant candle (my go-to is Votivo Red Currant) or add a few drops of an essential oil to a cotton ball to stimulate your sense of smell and enliven your space.
• Download a new song to listen to while you’re making a stimulating Ginger Shot (my new favorite song is “Photograph” by Ed Sheeran). To make a Ginger Shot, boil a cup of hot water, squeeze in a lemon, and add in a few cubes of freshly chopped ginger. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper!
Just a few simple tricks like these will supercharge your morning and fill your being with warmth, love and joy to sustain your vitality throughout the day.
Here’s to your health and happiness!