3 Morning Rituals I Swear By
1. An anti-inflammatory morning drink that includes a few of these ingredients….
- Ginger – Studies suggest it’s anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting
- Oil of oregano – An excellent source of fiber and the vitamins A, C, E and K. Also high in folate, iron, magnesium and calcium, and vitamin B6. It also has one of the highest antioxidant activity ratings – more than 42 times the antioxidant punch of apples.
- Kale – A tried-and-true superfood, kale is high in iron, vitamin K, vitamin A, calcium, copper, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and various antioxidants.
- Fresh lemon or lime juice – Touted as two of the worlds healthiest foods, because they contain unique flavonoid compounds that have antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
- Cayenne Pepper – It not only adds a kick to your morning, but its benefits are numerous…it helps with digestion, it’s used to improve blood circulation, and lower high cholesterol.
- Dandelion – A rich source of beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A. It’s also packed with vitamin C, fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and phosphorus.
2. A meditation to recharge, clear the mind, and cultivate compassion vitality.
“Taking time to rest, renew, and refresh yourself isn’t wasted time.” – Melodie Beattie
In the simplest sense, meditation can help banish negative thoughts by clearing your mind entirely. One popular meditation technique is to focus on a positive idea or happy moment. As soon as a negative thought bubbles to the happy, calm surface you created, think of it as a duck that is paddling away from you and return your focus to happier thoughts. It’s not always easy to erase negative thought patterns, but meditation can at least help you become more conscious of them, and that’s the first step.
As if happier thoughts aren’t enough of a benefit, research is showing that meditation can help restructure the brain in ways that lead to more enhanced concentration, boosted immunity, and increased compassion. Even the most basic attempts at meditation have been shown to have immediate positive results.
I often begin my morning with a simple nature meditation:
- Take five minutes to look closely at a piece of nature…for example, a snowflake, a tree branch, or a flower. Study the details of its texture and the structure. By observing the smallest features of any object, you develop a sense of reverence. The object becomes a little miracle. You begin to see how complete and fully alive the natural world is at all levels. Meditating on nature can be calming, fascinating, and inspiring all at once.
3. An inside look at my heart and a body awareness checkup
Every morning, I take 20 seconds to do a Body Check with my hand-held Bodimetrics device. This truly is FASCINATING. It shows me a snapshot of what’s happening inside my body. I like to think of it as a body awareness checkup.
This body snapshot allows me to understand the impact that my daily life has on me body so that I can make small adjustments to my training schedule and sleep patterns to optimize my health. Using my BodiMetrics Performance Monitor as a body snapshot can be the difference between feeling low and blue and having a rockstar day.
The Body Check function is so cool, because it’s just like getting an inside look at your heart. It also tells you if there’s enough oxygen in your blood, what your blood pressure is, and it lets you know how hard you should be working out….all in under 20 seconds. If you don’t know what these vital measurements are, don’t worry…I’ll explain more in the video below.
I’m so honored to be partner with Bodimetrics, because they donate these easy to use, portable wireless multi-parameter health monitors to extend healthcare to rural Indian villages. For the first time, a small, inexpensive device helps upload an entire village’s basic medical data to the cloud providing access to expert physicians around the world for input and advice.
Check out this video that explains more about what this life-changing device can do. The reaction when I show this function to people is always the same. It’s simply, “WOW.” I dare you not to say “WOW!” 🙂
How The Bodimetrics Can Change Your Life
- Captures vital health metrics in the palm of the hand in 20 seconds.
- Keeps daily track of a family’s health and vitality.
- Families can use the same device with individually saved data (100 records).
- Provides audible and visual usage instruction.
- Communicates with mobile Apple or Android apps using Bluetooth to share information.
- Replaces 5 devices with one: ECG, Heart Rate, Systolic Blood Pressure, Blood Oxygenation, and Temperature.
- Has pedometer and medication reminder functions.
- “Relax Me” Trainer uses Heart Rate Variability (HRV) captured by Performance Monitor to help manage relaxation levels through active monitoring and breathing exercises, reducing fatigue and increasing productivity.
- Helps to determine optimal training regimens.
- Easy to use and small enough to fit into a pocket
A healthy life is important at any age, and with the BodiMetrics Performance Monitor you can body hack your way to optimal health by devoting just a few minutes each day to yourself.