*Prep time: 40 min
1 can (15.5 oz) unsalted black beans
1 C cooked grains (Rice, quinoa, etc)
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 C cooked corn (I like fire roasted)
1 avocado, sliced
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Mexican chili powder (can sub for regular chili powder)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
Burrito Bowl Dressing Ingredients
1/2 C tahini
1/4 C of water
1-2 Tbsp mild or hot sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Juice from 1/2 lime or lemon
Pico de Gallo salsa for garnish (optional)
Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
In a medium mixing bowl, add sweet potato chunks, onions, and bell peppers.
Toss with paprika, garlic, salt, and 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out sweet potato, onions, and bell peppers so vegetables bake evenly.
Drizzle the remaining 1/2 Tbsp olive oil on the onion and bell pepper.
Bake for 25-30 min or until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
During the final 5 min of baking…
Drain canned black beans but do not rinse.
Place beans in a small saucepan over medium heat, and add 1 tsp chili powder and salt to taste. Cook beans until hot.
Remove the vegetables from the oven when the sweet potatoes are tender.
Assemble your bowls by first creating a bed of rice.
Top with roasted veggies, black beans, corn, and avocado slices.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients, and drizzle on top of the bowls.
Switch Between High and Low Carb Days
I’ve seen the technique work wonders for countless women at midlife and beyond. It’s so simple. You just boost your carb intake for a few days, cut back for a few days, then continue alternating. Results happen quickly. And it feels so great, you won’t even need willpower.
Devotees of the approach say they’ve cycled their way to soaring energy, dramatically better health and a youthful glow—all while dropping 10, 11, even 12 pounds a week!
Carb Cycling Made Easy
The e-book also includes 100+ healthy, wholesome recipes to kickstart weight loss.
Aim to be more physically active on higher-carb days, and less active on lower-carb days.
Eat for Vitality includes…
- Jumpstart Program: 6 jumpstart days that incorporate carb cycling to kickstart your journey to metabolic flexibility.
- Simple 6 Fit for Life Eating Plan: Shows you what to eat and when to eat
- 100+ Healthy, Wholesome Recipes: Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and shakes that will inspire you to eat healthy, whole foods.
- Transition to Optimal Eating: Techniques to move out of the diet mentality and stop getting caught in a vicious cycle of dieting and then blowing the diet.
- Facebook Support Group: Accountability, encouragement, and support!
- BONUS! Stay Calm Solutions: This special technique helps you stop stress-eating, late-night snacking, and binging.