Spice up your chicken with this healthy spin on a crispy classic. Goes great with a side of green beans and my faux mashed potatoes!
Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each), washed and patted dry
2 cups unflavored breadcrumbs
1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as canola, safflower or sunflower
3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and salt (if using).
2. Add the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and add breadcrumbs to the marinade, mix well. Thoroughly coat the chicken with the mixture.
5. Spread olive oil over the bottom of a shallow 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Turn chicken over; reduce heat to 325 degrees and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
10 minutes, plus marinade time.
Makes 8 five-ounce servings
Nutritional Information (Serving size – 4 ounces):
Fat Total: 8g
Saturated Fat: 2g