prep time: 15 MINUTES
cook time: 40 MINUTES
total time: UP TO ONE HOUR
- 1 tablespoon dairy free butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 oz. red enchilada sauce (your own or store bought)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes, fresh or can (undrained)
- 15 oz. canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- 15 oz. black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 C turkey (pre cooked and shredded)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sauté onions, peppers in olive oil/butter, Soften for 4 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Add preferred seasonings and spices), enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, beans, corn, hot sauce, broth, and turkey.
- Bring everything to boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer. About 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cream cheese until combined, then stir in the shredded cheese until melted.
- Taste and add any additional seasonings as needed