The 3-Step Plan
FOR MAXIMUM PRODUCTIVITY
Productivity is a magnificent force that can empower you to shine even brighter in your multifaceted life.
Supercharging your output is not about squeezing every ounce of life into a rigid schedule, and it isn’t just about doing more. Productivity is about amplifying your ability to accomplish what truly matters. It’s a dance of grace and power that leaves you feeling invigorated, not drained.
Mastering the art of getting things done revolves around consistency. Whether you want to…
Run a 10k
Walk 500 miles across Spain on the Camino de Santiago
Lose weight and keep it off
Control late-night snacking
Start a mindfulness practice
Stop letting stress control your life
Here are 3 tactics and tips that you can apply to your own life to increase your productivity and get far more done in less time.
When you are truly productive, you’ll be able to achieve more with intention and purpose. After all, your life’s journey is focused on living a life rich in fulfillment, making a profound impact on those around you.
The 3-Step Plan
Step 1 …JOY OF MISSING OUT
Start by prioritizing the things that truly matter to you, and remember…time is a finite resource. By identifying your most important goals and values, you can make conscious decisions about where to direct your time and energy. This means being selective in your commitments and learning to say no to tasks or activities that do not align with your priorities.
Think of it as the “joy of missing out.” It encourages you to let go of the fear of missing out on every opportunity and instead embrace the idea that by intentionally choosing what to neglect, you can free up time and energy for the things that bring you true joy and fulfillment.
Step 2 …A SUCCESSFUL MORNING ROUTINE STARTS IN THE EVENING
A productive morning begins with what you do before you go to sleep. Here are simple techniques I add into my evening routine so to make the next day productive.
- FLUSH THE TOILET… Excuse my potty-mouthed metaphor, but imagine flushing down all of today’s mess down the toilet, so you don’t have to see it when you wake up in the morning. You want to wake up with new energy, and a focused mind so you’re ready to take charge of the day. Don’t leave today’s mess for tomorrow!
- DRAIN YOUR BRAIN… To help you stop your racing mind and slip into a peaceful slumber, keep a notebook on your bedside table. Before you go to bed, write down everything that’s on your mind…your to-do list, what’s making you worried, or anything that’s bugging you. I call it a “brain drain,” and it’s scientifically proven to help reduce anxiety and put a halt to racing thoughts.
- PREP IT UP… Eating healthy and working out is much easier when you prepare the night before, and set everything out so it’s ready to go. Leaving your workout clothes folded next to your bed is a visual cue to remind yourself of the commitment you’ve made to exercise. And, it makes for a smooth morning because it helps save time.
Before bed, you can also prep your meals for the next day by chopping up veggies, or even preparing a mason jar salad for lunch. And, you can pull out the blender and protein powder from the cabinets and set them on the counter for your morning shake. This way, there’s no thinking required tomorrow!
STEP 3…10-MIN BURST
Mornings matter…. Your morning routine doesn’t have to take a lot of time or be intricate to be effective. When you’re in the rhythm of a healthy routine, you can start your day with positivity and energy.
Steal my morning routine so you can at the top of your game, instead of always feeling in a rush, trying to catch up on your never-ending to-do list.
This 10-minute exercise audio is saved on my phone so I have easy access to press play as soon as I wake up. Taking a few minutes before my shower to get the blood flowing helps transform my morning and puts a spring in my step.
It’s 10 exercises in 10 minutes! If you win the morning, you win the day.
This workout will get your day off to the perfect start and fill you with energy and productivity. Research consistently shows that if you want to maximize your productivity, you must harness the power of your morning routine.
Developing small energizing habits of what to do after you part with the pillow can help you conquer even the craziest of days. Here are a few more reasons to set a morning routine…
• Resilience to everyday stress
• Increase focus and concentration
• Set a tone for serenity no matter the chaos that comes through the day
• Enhance energy
• Generate gratitude and compassion to bust through fear
• Create a space of ease and flow