2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and unpeeled
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Dash of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Cut sweet potato in half then lengthwise, 1/3-inch thick, to make small pieces of “toast.” Can also be cut widthwise into 1/3-inch rounds.
Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 min until they are just tender and starting to brown.
Allow the sweet potatoes to cool in an airtight container.
Tomorrow’s toast (2-4 small pieces) does not need to be refrigerated, but the extras do.
In the morning, spread almond or peanut butter, top with blueberries and hemp seeds.
Switch Between High and Low Carb Days
The feature article I created with Women’s World magazine has caused a bit of a buzz! The focus of the piece was carb cycling, and was labeled “the easiest ever weight loss.“
I’ve seen the technique work wonders for countless women at midlife and beyond. It’s so simple. You just boost your carb intake for a few days, cut back for a few days, then continue alternating. Results happen quickly. And it feels so great, you won’t even need willpower.
Devotees of the approach say they’ve cycled their way to soaring energy, dramatically better health and a youthful glow—all while dropping 10, 11, even 12 pounds a week!
Carb Cycling Made Easy
Eat for Vitality incorporates carb cycling with a 6-day jumpstart that alternates between a lower-carb days built around protein, healthy fat and veggies and a higher-carb days with protein, healthy fat and veggies plus a few fiber-rich carbs (quinoa, sweet potatoes, beans or fruit).
The e-book also includes 100+ healthy, wholesome recipes to kickstart weight loss.
Aim to be more physically active on higher-carb days, and less active on lower-carb days.
Eat for Vitality includes…
- Jumpstart Program: 6 jumpstart days that incorporate carb cycling to kickstart your journey to metabolic flexibility.
- Simple 6 Fit for Life Eating Plan: Shows you what to eat and when to eat
- 100+ Healthy, Wholesome Recipes: Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and shakes that will inspire you to eat healthy, whole foods.
- Transition to Optimal Eating: Techniques to move out of the diet mentality and stop getting caught in a vicious cycle of dieting and then blowing the diet.
- Facebook Support Group: Accountability, encouragement, and support!
- BONUS! Stay Calm Solutions: This special technique helps you stop stress-eating, late-night snacking, and binging.