Serves: 9 pancakes
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 35 min
- 1 3/4 Cs oat flour
- 1 1/3 Cs unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 C sweet potato puree, homemade (mash a cooked sweet potato) or store-bought
- 1/4 C pure maple syrup
- 6 Tbsps water
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive olive oil
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Mix together in a small bowl the flaxseed and water.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 min to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet potato puree, milk, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and thickened flaxseed mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Let the batter rest for about 5 min while you set a large nonstick skillet or a griddle over medium to medium-low heat.
- Once heated, mist with olive oil or another nonstick spray (or grease as desired).
- Give the batter a quick stir, then scoop about 1/4 C for each pancake into the skillet (as many as you can comfortably fit).
- Cook for about 3 min, until the edges look set.
- Flip the pancakes and continue to cook for about 2 to 3 additional min, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve as desired!
These pancakes take a little longer to cook than regular / traditional pancakes. So be sure to leave them on the griddle for a bit longer than you typically would (i.e. use the time frames listed in the recipe).