*Prep time: 15 min
1 C spinach
1/2 C cubed sweet potato cooked (baked, boiled, or steamed), or raw if necessary
1/2 C black beans
1/4 C chopped onion
1/4 C corn (fresh or frozen)
1/2 chopped green bell pepper
1/4 firm tofu block
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp taco seasoning, chili powder blend, OR cajun spice blend
Salt to taste
Rinse and pat dry tofu block with paper towels, gently squeezing out the water. Cube and set aside.
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic, onion and a pinch of salt
Cook for 2 minutes then add bell pepper, corn, and sweet potatoes.
If using cooked sweet potatoes, mix in for a few seconds.
If using raw, add a 1/4 C water, cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender.
Mix in beans, spices, salt.
Add cubed tofu and mix well.
Add spinach, cover, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
Taste and adjust salt and spices as desired.
Garnish with chopped tomato, onion, cilantro, and a Tbsp of lime juice. Serve over toast, wrapped in a tortilla or lettuce leaf.
Switch Between High and Low Carb Days
I’ve seen the technique work wonders for countless women at midlife and beyond. It’s so simple. You just boost your carb intake for a few days, cut back for a few days, then continue alternating. Results happen quickly. And it feels so great, you won’t even need willpower.
Devotees of the approach say they’ve cycled their way to soaring energy, dramatically better health and a youthful glow—all while dropping 10, 11, even 12 pounds a week!
Carb Cycling Made Easy
The e-book also includes 100+ healthy, wholesome recipes to kickstart weight loss.
Aim to be more physically active on higher-carb days, and less active on lower-carb days.
Eat for Vitality includes…
- Jumpstart Program: 6 jumpstart days that incorporate carb cycling to kickstart your journey to metabolic flexibility.
- Simple 6 Fit for Life Eating Plan: Shows you what to eat and when to eat
- 100+ Healthy, Wholesome Recipes: Breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and shakes that will inspire you to eat healthy, whole foods.
- Transition to Optimal Eating: Techniques to move out of the diet mentality and stop getting caught in a vicious cycle of dieting and then blowing the diet.
- Facebook Support Group: Accountability, encouragement, and support!
- BONUS! Stay Calm Solutions: This special technique helps you stop stress-eating, late-night snacking, and binging.