Salmon + Broccoli
SHEET PAN DINNNER
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 pound broccoli, chopped
- 4 scallions, trimmed and cut diagonally (save some to garnish!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing the salmon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1/2 lime, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- Whisk together 3 tablespoons of sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until completely smooth to create glaze.
- On a sheet pan, place broccoli florets and 1 ½-inch scallions.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil on top.
- Sprinkle approximately ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper on top. Ensure this is evenly distributed across florets and scallions.
- Roast for 5 minutes in oven.
- Meanwhile, place salmon fillets on a plate. Use paper towels to pat dry, and then brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss broccoli and scallion roast, further combining oils and seasonings. Move broccoli and scallions to the edges of the pan, and place salmon fillets in the center of the pan. Ensure fillets are evenly spaced in the center.
- Brush fillets generously with the glaze.
- Roast in oven for approximately 12 minutes, until salmon is mostly cooked through. It may be slightly rare in the center; this is ideal.
- Remove from oven, and squeeze fresh lime juice over broccoli. Sprinkle with salt again.
- Place scallions and sesame seeds over salmon.
- Plate and serve hot.