1 head hearts of romaine, chopped
1 C arugula
½ Cup pomegranate seeds
½ small squash (I like kabocha)
⅛ cup olive oil
1 Tbsp thyme
Sprinkle of walnuts
1/8 cup aged sherry vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Peel kabocha squash, remove seeds, slice into wedges. Toss with olive oil.
- Put aluminum foil or silicone mat on a pad. Place squash on pad.
- Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour, until tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- 6. Chop and clean lettuce greens.
- Toss lettuce mixture with squash, walnuts, sherry vinegar, olive oil, pomegranates, salt and pepper to taste.