Reinvent Your Walking Workout
Slim & Strong
Join me for a 30-minute guided Slim & Strong walking audio! This 30-minute guided walk will teach you how to pump up the pace turn your walk into a fat-burning workout.
As a bonus, your glutes, calves, quads, hamstrings and abs will start to tone up as you develop proper walking technique!
It’s time to reinvent your walking routine! Switch the pacing in your walk to stay motivated and active.
You already know that incorporate walking into your exercise routine is an easy way to…
• Lower LDL cholesterol
• Reduce risk for high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke
• Control blood sugar
If you’re getting bored while walking or not getting the results you desire, try today’s guided audio.
Here’s a simple guideline to follow to help you amp up the amount of calories you burn during a walk…
- WARM UP – Warm up for 5 minutes.
- PUSH – Push yourself almost to your maximum for 15, 30, or 60 seconds.
- ACTIVE RECOVERY – Continue to walk at your normal pace while you actively recover for twice the amount of time. For example, if you pushed for 30 seconds, then have a 60 second active recovery.
Pro Tip… If you don’t have a timer on you, use landmarks in your neighborhood. For example, speed up for 3 houses with a 6 house active recovery. Or, push for 2 blocks and have a 4-block active recovery.
- REPEAT – When you’re new to this routine, include 4 pushes and 4 sets of active recovery. As you gain more strength and endurance, increase the amount and duration of your bursts and active recovery sets.
Once you feel comfortable and established, you can build in strength by adding resistance, incline, or speed. Follow with rest.
This type of training is called HIIT, “High Intensity Interval Training.” It uses “bursts” or “push” sessions that alternate intense levels of exercise and brief recovery periods, in timed intervals. The protocol yields amazing results. Just ask any speed and performance athlete.
HIIT workouts can change your workouts, your body, and your weight.