Protein Pancake Recipe
This is a truly DELICIOUS protein pancake recipe that I tried from Pinch of Yum. Our Sunday morning routine of going to breakfast at 5Seeds, a local Park City restaurant, is no longer an option… at least for now. My daughter and I were craving a healthy and protein-packed breakfast with a touch of sweetness. This recipe was a perfect alternative! It’s made in a blender with no refined grains, no refined sugar, and healthy protein.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1–2 scoops protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- Run everything through the blender on medium low speed until very well mixed.
- Heat a nonstick griddle to medium high heat. Add batter in small circles – about 1/4 cup per pancake. Sprinkle with blueberries or chocolate chips if you want. When the edges start to look dry (2-3 minutes), flip and cook another minute or two on the other side.
- Top with anything you like! I like syrup and peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Getting enough protein in the morning might be the trick to help you stop unnecessary snacking throughout the day! With rolled oats, bananas, eggs, flax meal, and KS Wellness protein, these pancakes are a guilt-free breakfast. With a balance of whole grains, fiber, protein, and fat, it’s a healthy way to start the day. Of course, you just need to watch the toppings!
For an extra level of delight, I topped mine off with almond butter and fresh fruit jam (no added sugar)… OMG! 😋Perrie added some maple syrup and dark chocolate chips on top! ♥️
Remember, eating enough protein throughout the day is necessary to keep your immune system strong, and is needed for your brain, heart, and skin to function properly. Protein also has the ability to help control your appetite and maintain muscle mass.