Protein Oatmeal Recipe
For the oatmeal:
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop KS Wellness protein powder (flavor of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 egg whites (optional, for extra protein)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional, for taste)
For the topping:
- Chopped nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- Fresh berries (optional, for added flavor and antioxidants)
- Honey or maple syrup (optional, for sweetness)
- Cinnamon (optional, for extra flavor)
Prepare the Oatmeal:
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk to a gentle boil.
Add Steel-Cut Oats:
- Stir in 1 cup of steel-cut oats and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Let the oats simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. The oatmeal will gradually thicken and become creamy.
Protein Powder and Almond Butter:
- Once the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency (it should be creamy with a slight chewiness), stir in a scoop of KS Wellness protein powder and 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Mix well until fully incorporated.
Optional Egg Whites:
- If you’re adding egg whites for extra protein, in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites lightly. Pour them into the oatmeal while continuously stirring. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the egg whites are fully cooked and the oatmeal is well combined.
Season and Serve:
- Season the oatmeal with a pinch of salt if desired, and remove it from heat.
- Serve your protein-packed oatmeal in bowls. Top each serving with chopped nuts for added crunch, fresh berries for natural sweetness, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if you want extra sweetness, and a sprinkle of cinnamon for additional flavor.
- Enjoy your healthy steel-cut oatmeal with all the nutritious ingredients that will keep you fueled throughout the day.
Here are five ways to help you get that protein fix:
Egg Whites: Incorporate the egg whites into your oatmeal as it cooks!
Nut Butter… Almond, cashew, or macadamia nut butter… you choose!
Chopped Nuts… Walnuts are my fav!
Greek Yogurt.. Also includes probiotics to support gut health and digestion!
Protein Powder… Mix in a scoop of KS Wellness. Vanilla or chocolate… you choose!
HEAL YOUR BODY FROM THE INSIDE OUT
The KS Wellness smoothie leaves out all GMOs, soy, lactose, casein, and sugar. And, its velvety richness will leave you feeling guiltlessly satisfied.
20 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving
8 Billion essential probiotics per serving