Oatmeal Raisin Protein Cookies
Today’s Banana Oat Protein Cookie recipe is a mixture of some of my favorite flavors combined with protein. Plus, they’re super simple to prepare and made of pantry ingredients you probably have on hand.
With rolled oats, flax seeds, protein powder, bananas, raisins, and applesauce, these protein cookies are a guilt-free pleasure. Because of the fiber, fat, and protein, they will give you the energy and pick-me-up without the crash!
No refined sugar
Cookies full of refined sugar? Forget about it! These are naturally sweetened with bananas.
Bananas are one of those grocery store purchases that seem to have a life of their own. Sometimes you use them up within days, and other times, you forget they’re there and you end up with a bowl full of overripe fruit. This recipe rescues the brown, spotted banana!
Since they lack refined sugar, they don’t have a toasted top like traditional cookies. Instead, they’re soft, yummy and chewy.
If you want a little more crunch, add walnuts!
These cookies seem to be on a near constant rotation in my house. Try ’em and you’ll taste why!
Best of all, with the protein powder and chia seeds, each cookie levels up your protein intake for the day!
Banana Oat Protein Cookies
Yield: 12 cookies
Prep time: 12 min
Bake time: 18-20 min
1 1/4 C regular rolled oats
1/2 C raisins
1/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 C vanilla protein powder
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C unrefined melted coconut oil
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine in a large bowl rolled oats, shredded coconut, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Combine in a separate bowl coconut oil, mashed bananas, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Use your hands to form the cookie dough into balls and flatten slightly into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 18-20 min, until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!