Lemon & Garlic Braised Chicken with Tomato & Olive Ragu (Serves 4)
For the marinade:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
Zest of 1 lemon
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Freshly ground pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a large non-reactive bowl.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded slightly to flatten
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1 tablespoon chopped Kalamata olives
Chopped fresh basil
1. Marinate the chicken breasts for 2–4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Remove chicken and discard marinade.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and sauté chicken on one side for 5 minutes, turn and cook another 5 minutes until cooked through.
4. Remove chicken to a warm plate.
5. Add chopped tomatoes, capers, and olives to pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes start to break down.
6. Serve chicken topped with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with basil.
TIP: Serve with kale sautéed with garlic and olive oil.