How To Turn Your
SHAKE INTO A SMOOTHIE BOWL
Smoothie bowls are an easy and refreshing way to transform your on-the-go shake into a sit-down breakfast.
Whether packed with leafy greens, mixed berries, or creamy avocados, these thick, ice cream-like bowls are wholesome, nutrient-packed, and most importantly, absolutely delicious.
Since you’re eating the smoothie bowl with a spoon and chewing the toppings, you eat less quickly, which promotes digestion. Plus, the goodies on top make the meal more filling.
This Very Berry Smoothie Bowl recipe comes together in no time at all. It’s also completely customizable.. feel free to get creative with the toppings and switch up the fruit with what you have on hand.
The key to creating a velvety smoothie bowl is choosing the right ingredients to thicken the shake’s base.
Here are 6 ingredients you may not have thought about that will let you eat your shake with a spoon….
6 Ingredients to Thicken Your Shake
- Frozen cauliflower – No, it won’t make your smoothie taste like cauliflower!
- Frozen unsweetened almond milk – It’s easy! Gently pour the almond milk into an ice cube tray, and let sit overnight. Pop out a few frozen cubes when it’s shake time, and add them to your blender with your shake.
- Seeds – High-fiber seeds such as flax, hemp, or chia seeds, flaxseed make the smoothie creamier. Add the seeds at the very end of the blending process.
- Almond butter – Natural almond butter adds protein, flavor, and a thicker texture!
- Nuts – Cashews are great way to thicken smoothies without being too hard on your blender.
- Avocado – You can use fresh or frozen avocado to thicken your shake! When your avocados are ripe, cut them into chunks and place them in a freezer-safe tupperware. Use whenever your’e ready to blend your smoothie together!
Whip up a smoothie bowl for breakfast, a mid-day treat, or event as a dessert for a guilt-free option that tastes decadent. So good, you’ll want to eat them every day!
Very Berry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- YIELD 1 serving
- TIME 3 mins
1/2 C unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 C mixed frozen berries
1/2 chopped frozen banana
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 serving vanilla KS Wellness Protein Powder
- Optional… 1 serving KS Wellness Collagen Beauty Drink
- Put all ingredients together in high-speed blender
- Mix until thick and creamy
- Keep in mind, smoothie bowls are much thicker than traditional shakes. If the consistency is too thick and the blade is having trouble spinning, add in 1-2 tablespoons of plant-based milk at a time.