Grilled Chicken Salad
- 2 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1⁄2 of a cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 of a green or red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Salad Dressing (choose one from the dressings listed on pages 199 to 201)
- 1⁄2 of an avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 hard-cooked egg whites, chopped (optional)
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces; set aside. Mix the salad greens, cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, and scallions in a large bowl. Toss with the dressing and divide between 2 bowls. Sprinkle the avocado and, if desired, egg whites over the salad. Arrange chicken pieces on each salad. Serves 2.
DON’T FORGET…ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN!
80% of what your abs look like depends on what you eat.
An essential step to eliminating belly fat is balancing your blood sugar. By emphasizing protein at each meal and limiting your non-veggie carb intake, you can step off the blood sugar roller coaster and OUTSMART FOOD CRAVINGS that sabotage your progress.
Not All Protein Shakes Are Created Equal!
Read the Labels and See the Difference! Go to any health food store and you’ll see – there are a lot of protein powders out there! Even if you try to read the labels, it can be tough to navigate through the long list of unfamiliar ingredients. Here’s what I look for in a quality protein:
- Quality of Whey
If the protein powder you’re using doesn’t have these characteristics, it’s a waste of time and money!