I’m a bit of an energy ball aficionado… I love that they’re filled with good-for-you ingredients and make for portable snacks. Not only are they easy grab-and-go treats, but an excuse to eat chocolate? Yes, please!
Sweet dreams are definitely made of these Fudgy Brownie Bites.
This simple recipe is a win-win because it combines protein, healthy fat, and fiber to help slow digestion and prevent post-snack blood sugar spikes.
Carbs have the greatest effect on blood sugar. However, when you combine carbs with other macronutrients (protein and fat), it slows down the absorption of sugar in your bloodstream. Not only does this combination helps keep your blood sugar in a normal range, but you’re less likely to get hungry and overeat. Plus, you’ll have more consistent energy throughout the day.
Fudgy Brownie Bites Recipe
1 C (about 15) soft medjool dates*
1 C raw walnuts
1/2 C raw cashews
1/4 C raw cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 Scoops chocolate protein powder… check out the KS Wellness Protein!
2 Tbsp dairy-free dark chocolate, optional
2 Tbsp coconut flakes
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- Soak the walnuts and cashews in warm water for 5 min, then drain.
- Add the nuts, dates, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor and blend until fudge consistency achieved.
- Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Add the chocolate to the food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop the chocolate.
- Remove the blade and using your hands, form the batter into 1 inch round balls
If dates are hard, soak in warm water for 10 min and drain.
Optional : You can coat these balls in cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, or finely chopped dark chocolate bits, or even chia seeds and flaxseed.
Storage : can be stored in freezer for up to two months.