I’m a bit of an energy ball aficionado… I love that they’re filled with good-for-you ingredients and make for portable snacks. Not only are they easy grab-and-go treats, but an excuse to eat chocolate? Yes, please!
Sweet dreams are definitely made of these Fudgy Brownie Bites.
Looking for an easy afternoon pick-me-up? This recipe is different than most, because it’s grain-free, has no added sugar and uses dates as a base.
Even though dates have a higher sugar content than most fruits, they have natural sugars in the forma of fructose, glucose, and sucrose, which are easier for your body to process.. As a bonus, they give you a boost of natural energy.
Instead of brewing another cup of coffee next time your energy slumps, try today’s Fudgy Brownie Bites recipe!
Fudgy Brownie Bites Recipe
Yield: Makes 20 balls
1 C (about 15) soft medjool dates*
1 C raw walnuts
1/2 C raw cashews
1/4 C raw cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 Scoops chocolate protein powder… check out the KS Wellness Protein!
2 Tbsp dairy-free dark chocolate, optional
2 Tbsp coconut flakes
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- Soak the walnuts and cashews in warm water for 5 min, then drain.
- Add the nuts, dates, cocoa powder, and salt to a food processor and blend until fudge consistency achieved.
- Stop occasionally to scrape down the sides.
- Add the chocolate to the food processor and pulse a few times to roughly chop the chocolate.
- Remove the blade and using your hands, form the batter into 1 inch round balls
If dates are hard, soak in warm water for 10 min and drain.
Optional : You can coat these balls in cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, or finely chopped dark chocolate bits, or even chia seeds and flaxseed.
Storage : can be stored in freezer for up to two months.