BY DR. KRISTI FUNK
Antioxidant Smoothie Recipe
1.5 cups of soy or favorite plant-based milk
1 fl oz of liquid and purified Aloe Tonic
1 tbsp of flaxseeds (omega-3 fatty acids)
1 scoop of Amla Boss Indian gooseberry powder
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of turmeric or 1⁄4 inch fresh turmeric root
1/4 tsp of black pepper (activates the curcumin)
- Green Tea Options
1 tsp of Ancient Matcha green tea, or alternatively
2 oz of brewed green tea
- Fruits & Veggies
1 small of banana (I freeze mine)
1 dried date (no pit)
2 cups of packed dark leafy greens like spinach, kale, or collard greens
2 cups of berries (fiber listed in grams): raspberries (8), blackberries (8),
boysenberries (7), blueberries (4), and/or strawberries (3). Can trade 1 cup of berries for other fruits: apple, orange, mango, pear, peach, etc.
- To make this nutrient-rich bomb, you will need a high-quality blender to mash through frozen antioxidants and mix all the flavors, ideally one with at least 500 watts and a 64-ounce pitcher. I started using a Vitamix when I first began making this recipe, and I never looked back. Talk about a powerhouse blender.
- Put all the ingredients into your blender on high until your smoothie looks thick and creamy smooth. Especially when using whole flaxseeds, make sure they grind up and disappear.
Alternatively, use a coffee grinder first, or buy ground flaxseeds – since your body can’t digest the outer hull, which contains most of the fiber and all the lignans.
- To mix things up, you can add vanilla, fresh mint leaves, fresh basil leaves, lime juice, lemon juice, fresh ginger root, cayenne pepper, or 1-2 drops of the powerful antioxidant, clove oil. (Warning: clove oil is extremely potent. Do test drops in a small portion of your smoothie to see what you can handle. The first time I tried it, my lips went numb for an hour, but I used 20 drops!)
- Pour the smoothie into a large cup. If you have the time, sip through a straw over 20 minutes. Consider glass, stainless steel, or silicone reusable straws to avoid BPA exposure and to lessen your environmental impact from plastic straws.
- If you drink it daily (as you should), be sure to break the routine every now and then with new flavors like mango, pear, and peach to substitute some of your mixed berries.
Dr. Kristi Funk is a top breast cancer surgeon, and I’m obsessed with her antioxidant-packed smoothie. She said…
“I’ve been perfecting the ingredients of this smoothie since 2012 and I’m pretty sure it contains more cancer kicking compounds than any other drink on planet Earth.”
It’s unlike any smoothie you’ve ever seen.
Starting your morning with a hearty dose of phytonutrients will help you sip your way to your healthiest life. Enjoy this meal in a glass, enjoy every sip, and feel effortlessly energetic.