WITH FRESH HERBS
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 1/4 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 green apple, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- ¾ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ¼ tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 1 ½ (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- ¾ cup finely diced celery
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions, white and green parts (2 to 3 scallions)
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Add radishes to your taste level
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Then, combine dill and parsley into the bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, pour chickpeas. Lightly mash roughly half of the chickpeas. The, add celebrity and scallions to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Allow salad to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle additional dill and parsley to salad.
- This salad can be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours, which also allows the flavors to blend. Before serving from fridge, allow it to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Every month, the ReShape app is updated with NEW seasonal recipes and a themed daily workout plan (August is fat burning month, and there’s still time to join in on the fun)! Of course, the new updates are in addition to the library of over 75 video and audio routines, a daily meal plan, and over 100 recipes.…see below!
Today’s Chickpea Salad with Fresh Herbs is one of the NEW ReShape recipes that was added in August.
This Chickpea Salad is a lighter version of the classic potato salad. It’s a classic vegetarian dish that swaps potatoes for chickpeas, and mayonnaise for Greek yogurt.
To achieve the creamy consistency similar to potato salad, the secret is to lightly mash the chickpeas with a fork. After combining all of the ingredients, wait 30 minutes for the flavors to meld together. But good luck waiting!
You can eat the salad it as-is, or serve it on a bed of greens or a slice of keto bread for a fabulous open-face sandwich.
This fresh salad is delicious on day one, but after refrigerating the extras, they’ll taste even better on day two after the liquid from the dressing is absorbed by the beans. Moist and tasty!