Celebration of Color!
ZUCCHINI CARROT PAPPARDELLE
Recipe Created by Healthy Table By Us
Prep time: 15 min
2 medium zucchini, washed
2 large carrots, washed
1 (15 oz) can unsalted chickpeas, drained, rinsed, patted dry
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Pesto (link below)
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, heat for 45 seconds.
- Add chickpeas, salt, pepper, dash of garlic. Saute chickpeas till golden brown, about 5 min.
While chickpeas are cooking…
- In a food processor, mix all pesto ingredients, adjusting seasonings if needed.
- Blend to your favorite consistency, chunky or smooth. Add either more olive oil, lemon juice or water if you prefer less thick.
- Using a peeler, make ribbons (aka pappardelle) of zucchini and carrots.
- In a serving bowl, toss the pappardelle with the pesto, adding salt if necessary.
- Stir in the chickpeas and serve.
– Add chopped basil, spring onions, kalamata olives and toasted pine nuts as garnish.
– Pappardelle can be offered hot by sautéing in a pan for one min
1 bunch of fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp toasted pine nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely mixed and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This Yellow Zucchini-Carrot Pappardelle with Pesto is a celebration of color!
Every month, I experiment with new plant-based dishes for the ReShape app. Healthy habits never tasted so good! If you don’t already know, ReShape includes a complete day-by-day food plan with both plant-based and traditional protein options for every meal.
Today’s plant-strong creation by Chef Michele Leao has been one of my favorites. It replaces pasta with fresh carrots and zucchini ribbons.
The carrots are sweet and earthy, and the zucchini acts as a sponge to soak in all the pesto’s flavors. A perfect combination.
This recipe calls for the zucchini and carrots to be served raw, but if you want to turn it into a pasta replacement, boil the ribbons for five minutes.
Voila! A pretty presentation that’s loaded with fresh veggies.