Carrot Cake With Chocolate Ganache
As the snow moves in and the cold returns in Park City, one of my favorite past-times is cozying up with a good book and experimenting with healthy recipes that satisfy my chocolate cravings.
Chocolate is edible happiness, so I was thrilled when Michele from @healthytablebyus created this Decadent Carrot Cake with Chocolate Ganache recipe.
As a bonus, you can check a few boxes on your daily nutrient intake… protein, vegetables, fiber, and healthy oils.
Carrot cake is typically paired with cream cheese frosting, so the chocolate ganache is a pleasant change. Not only does it makes the muffin lighter, but it also helps balance the sweetness of the cake.
200g peeled + grated raw carrots
120g apple or coconut sugar or Monkfruit Sweetener
70g gluten-free oatmeal + 10g to grease
4 organic whole eggs
1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
1⁄2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon of baking powder
100g chopped white or black chocolate
30g KS Chocolate Protein Powder
30ml almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
2. Grease a round pan (or muffin cups) with coconut oil and oat flour and set aside.
3. In a blender, add eggs, sugar, carrots and orange juice.
4. Transfer to bow, mix the flour and baking powder gradually.
5. Place in the prepared form.
6. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat and leave until the chocolate has completely melted.
2. Pour over the already cold cake.
Shortcuts: store bought shredded carrots and orange juice
Rich, Creamy, Decadent…And Sugar Free!
You’re going to LOVE the KS Wellness Shake Because It Includes…
✅ 300 mg calcium
✅ No sugar
✅ No gluten
✅ No casein
✅ No lactose
✅ Digestive enzymes that aid in easy absorption
✅ 20 grams of protein
✅ 8 Billion essential probiotics per serving
✅ Whey from grass-fed New Zealand cows
✅ No GMOs