3 New Waist-Whittlers You ABS-olutely Don’t Want To Miss!
It’s no secret that we all want a slim and sexy abs! If you’re still relying on crunches to whittle your middle, then the 3 crunch-free moves below were made for you, because traditional crunches are not the most effective way to achieve a flatter midsection. It’s high time you trade out your ab routine and replace it with the waist-whittling, core-toning moves below that you ABS-olutely don’t want to miss!
(Plus, it’s not too late to join the 30-Days To Your Best Abs Ever Challenge! Click here for more info.)
WAIST-WHITTLER #1: Shooting Star
How to do it:
- Stand with a wide stance, toes pointed slightly out. Bend your knees and lower your torso. Hold your legs in that position. To make the move more difficult, bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- With arms lifted overhead and abs engaged, shift your body to the right, back to center, and then to the left. Imagine a wall in front of you and behind you. The goal is to not touch the wall on either side!
- Think about lifting up and over, almost like a rainbow, instead of collapsing into the move.
WAIST-WHITTLER #2: KICK IT
What it does:
- In addition to its heart-pumping cardio benefits, this move is also a waist-whittler, because you’re contracting your abdominals with every repetition.
How to do it:
- Step out to your left side with a wide stance. At the same time, lift your right leg off the floor, bringing your right knee up toward your chest. Repeat on the other side.
- Get the arms involved, too: As you lift your left knee up, bring it toward your right elbow, and vice versa.
- After doing 8 side-to-side repetitions, do a repeater: Starting on the left foot, bring the right knee up, and then instead of switching sides, repeat the knee-up movement for 4 reps. Follow that with a repeater on the right, and then return back to the singles.
- Next: Keep the side-to-side action going, but start to narrow your stance with each step. Bring the arms up over your head, as if you’re doing a shoulder press, and as you bring each knee up, bring both elbows down. Imagine you’re doing a standing crunch.
- Keep it going for at least 60 seconds.
- Keep your movements small and controlled, focusing on contracting your abdominals throughout the exercise.
Remember, the bigger the better! Once you’ve hit your stride, try to exaggerate the movement, elongating that reach and really feeling the crunch in your abs every time you raise the knees.
TUMMY TONER #3: Opposites Attract
What it does:
- This core-blasting move is proof that the old saying is true: Because when you get both arms and legs involved in core training, opposites really do attract!
How to do it:
- Start on your back. Pressing your lower back into the floor, making sure not to arch the back, lift both feet slightly off the floor by engaging your abs.
- Lift your shoulders off the floor as you reach your left arm and right leg simultaneously off the floor, contracting your abs throughout the movement.
- Keep the stationary resting leg on the floor for support.
- Limit your range of motion to ensure there’s no pressure on the lower back.
- Use both arms, reaching overhead and then reaching both arms toward the leg.
- Make sure to keep your rib cage and abs engaged when you reach the arms overhead so you don’t arch your back or let ribs protrude.
If you can give me 10-30 minutes a day, you can BLAST AWAY BELLY FAT in 30 days!
By using the downloadable workout calendar, you eliminate confusion about which workout to do that day. Each exercise is specified, so there’s no guesswork on your part. And, it’s designed to sculpt and define your abs in record time!
Five 10-minute segments to tone, trim, and tighten your abs like never before! Includes a variety of movements from dance-style standing abs, functional moves to target the deepest abdominal muscles, boot camp circuits to rediscover the power of your abs, and pilates moves to strengthen and lengthen your torso to perfect posture and trim inches. (50 minute DVD)
To purchase Tummy Trimmers separately, click here.
Flatten your abs by applying basic Pilates movements designed to focus on your core muscles while lengthening and stabilizing your spine. Improve your strength and posture to develop the tall, graceful bearing of a dancer. Also includes two BONUS workouts — Pilates for Lower Body and my top-selling cardio workout, Fat Burning Breakthrough, for ultimate-fat burning. (115 minute DVD)
Super-shrink fat with interval training that alternates between total-body moves and core-conditioning exercises. This incredibly powerful method of conditioning is one of the most effective ways to tone your body. Ultimate Sculpt is based on functional training, where you work your entire body as a unit for faster results. (60 minute DVD)
To purchase Ultimate Sculpt separately, click here.
Reset your body with three 20-minute balance, circuit and energy workouts. The circuit segment trims and firms, ramping up your calorie burn and attacking your trouble spots. Next, you’ll hone your balance to help you continue doing the activities you love. Finally, refresh and recharge with the total-energy segment to wake up you body and de-stress your life. (60 minute DVD)