20 Simple Snack Recipes
Good news: you can still snack, even when trying to lose weight – in fact, I insist on it. Healthy snacking keeps your blood sugar, energy and hunger levels stabilized and your metabolism humming. Check out my mouth-watering snack recipes below. These delicious snacks all provide a good source of fiber and protein and are perfect for tying you over, especially midmorning (between breakfast and lunch) and midafternoon (between lunch and dinner). And you won’t even miss things like crackers, cookies and chips.
- Flax seed crackers dipped in hummus (My favorite is Seedlander’s crackers with Spicy Avocado Hope Hummus)
- 12 medium baby carrots with 2 tablespoons Spicy Avocado Hope Hummus hummus
- Plain Greek Yogurt With Almonds And Blackberries Stirred In
- Plain Greek or Icelandic Yogurt Topped With 2 Tbsp. Cooked Qi’a
- 28 frozen grapes (put in freezer for 2+ hours)
- 1 medium orange, sprinkled with cinnamon
- 3 small dried figs stuffed with 1 tablespoon part-skim ricotta and sprinkled with cinnamon
- 2/3 cup blueberries sprinkled with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 sliced large cucumber tossed with 2 tablespoons chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kale chips (2 cups raw kale, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil and baked at 400 degrees until crisp)
- Apple slices with 1 tablespoon almond butter and raisins
- ½ avocado and 1 small tomato, chopped, with a squeeze of lemon
- 2 hard-boiled eggs with bell pepper strips or steamed green beans
- 5-ounce pouch tuna in water, seasoned with dill, lemon juice, and chopped scallion with a chopped tomato
- 2 sheets nori seaweed topped with tuna, avocado, and cucumber, and rolled up
- 2 lettuce leaves spread with 1 tablespoon hummus and raw vegetables and wrapped up
- 2 to 3 ounces roasted turkey spread with mustard and wrapped around 1⁄4 of a sliced avocado
- 2 tablespoons hummus with celery sticks and bell pepper strips
- 3⁄4 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 4 steamed asparagus spears wrapped with 4 ounces cooked sliced turkey
The Best Weight Loss Plan Starts Here! Join the 2-Week New You Kickoff!
Start Feeling Happier And Healthier Today! The Kickoff Includes…
• Daily workouts to get your body back in shape. From videos to audio workouts, from walking to strength training to barre, your workout will be delivered bright and early to your email every morning. And, your first workout will arrive Monday! The average workout time is 30 mins. But, I’ve thrown in a few quick 10-minute routines on recovery days!
• Step-by-step weekly shopping lists to show you how easy food-planning really is!
• Think about these emails as delivering a message that you can absorb TODAY. It’s not about counting the days—or the changes you make, but about making changes that count.