Maximize Your Snack Break
HARD BOILED EGG
- 1 hardboiled egg with balsamic vinegar and steamed asparagus or spinach
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced and served with diced tomatoes or salsa
- 1 hard boiled egg with grilled veggies
- 1 Tbsp Plain almond butter on celery sticks or veggie of choice
- Apple slices with 1 tablespoon almond butter and raisins
- Bell peppers with red pepper hummus
- Flax seed crackers dipped in hummus (My favorite is Seedlander’s crackers with Spicy Avocado Hope Hummus)
- Medium baby carrots with 2 tablespoons Spicy Avocado Hope Hummus
- 2 lettuce leaves spread with 1 tablespoon hummus and raw vegetables and wrapped up
- 1 C plain greek yogurt with 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
TUNA, SALMON, CHICKEN OR SARDINES
- Avocado mixed with salmon or sardines on a radicchio leaf…with a touch of salsa!
- Cucumber boats – Take a 6-inch piece of cucumber. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise and use a teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Fill with sliced tomatoes, hummus, roasted red bell pepper, chopped nuts, tuna or salmon, or roasted chicken or turkey
- Thinly sliced chicken breasts, wrap around a steamed asparagus spear
- Tuna or salmon (5-ounce bag) wrapped in lettuce leaves. Dress up the tuna with dillweed, lemon juice, green onions, mayo, and/or lemon pepper
- 5-ounce pouch tuna in water, seasoned with dill, lemon juice, and chopped scallion with a chopped tomato
- 2 to 3 ounces roasted turkey spread with mustard and wrapped around 1⁄4 of a sliced avocado
- Cottage cheese with 1/2 C of blueberries, raspberries or blackberries
- Almonds with jicama slices
- Kale chips (2 cups raw kale, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil and baked at 400 degrees until crisp)
- ½ avocado and 1 small tomato, chopped, with a squeeze of lemon
- 3⁄4 cup cooked shelled edamame
And don’t forget about the basics!
- Black and green olives
- Roasted vegetables
- Fresh berries
- Leftover meat from last night’s dinner
DON’T FORGET…ABS ARE MADE IN THE KITCHEN!
80% of what your abs look like depends on what you eat.
An essential step to eliminating belly fat is balancing your blood sugar. By emphasizing protein at each meal and limiting your non-veggie carb intake, you can step off the blood sugar roller coaster and OUTSMART FOOD CRAVINGS that sabotage your progress.
Not All Protein Shakes Are Created Equal!
Read the Labels and See the Difference! Go to any health food store and you’ll see – there are a lot of protein powders out there! Even if you try to read the labels, it can be tough to navigate through the long list of unfamiliar ingredients. Here’s what I look for in a quality protein:
- Quality of Whey
If the protein powder you’re using doesn’t have these characteristics, it’s a waste of time and money!