5 Foods For Better Brainpower!
- Just like there’s no surefire way to prevent cognitive decline, there’s not one magic food that can ensure your brain stays sharp as a tack with age. It’s clear that the most beneficial habit you can incorporate to feed your brain is to follow a diet rich in vegetables, fruits, beans, and whole grains. As for protein, it’s best when it can come from plant-based sources and fish… and of course, fats are best when they’re in the form of nut oils, rather than saturated fats.
There are, however, certain foods in that are all-stars when it comes to their levels of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and B-vitamins…all components which support brain health.
Studies show that the optimal brain-boosting foods are the same ones that protect your blood vessels and heart. They are… READ MORE (links to list below)
• Berries – Flavonoids, the natural plant pigments that give berries their color, help sharpen memory. Researchers at Harvard’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital found that women who consumed two or more servings of strawberries and blueberries each week delayed memory decline by up to two-and-a-half years. Try the Coconut Blueberry Protein Shake Recipe!
• Tea – In a 2014 study published in The Journal of Nutrition|, participants with higher caffeine consumption scored better on tests of mental function. Caffeine might also help solidify new memories, according to other research. Try the Green Tea Collagen Recipe!
• Walnuts – Nuts are great sources of both healthy fats and protein… and walnuts, in particular, may also help with memory. Research from UCLA linked higher walnut consumption to improved cognitive test scores. Try the Red Pepper Walnut Cauliflower Steak Recipe!
• Leafy greens – High in brain-healthy nutrients such as folate, vitamin K, beta carotene. and lutein. These plant-based foods may help slow cognitive decline. Try the Green Machine Protein Shake Recipe!
• Fatty fish – Salmon, cod, tuna, and pollack are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been linked to decreased levels of beta-amyloid, the protein that forms damaging clumps in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease. Try the Asian-Glazed Salmon Recipe!
JOIN THE TREADMILL TREND!
YOUR TREADMILL WORKOUT JUST GOT MORE FUN…
PEOPLE LOVE KATHY’S TREADMILL WORKOUTS! HERE’S WHAT THEY’RE SAYING…
“I started out at 175 lbs, and after using Kathy’s walking program, I lost about 55 lbs. I WENT FROM A SIZE 18 TO A SIZE 6. And now buying clothes is actually fun!” – Ellen
WALK OFF THE POUNDS TREADMILL WORKOUTS INCLUDES…
👟 4 POWER-PACKED WALKING AUDIOS Just choose which workout you want to do each morning, press play, and start walking fit! Audios range from 30-45 mins.
👟 UPBEAT ORIGINAL MUSIC & KATHY’S COACHING These audios are so fun, you’ll breeze through your workout in no time. You’ll forget that you’re actually getting an aerobic workout and burning fat in the process.
👟PERFECT FOR TREADMILLS OR OUTDOOR WALKING!