Thanksgiving Day Turkey Workout
I’ve arrived in Colorado for tomorrow’s Thankful Feast! Whether you’re traveling or staying home, I have your back with a Turkey Burn Thanksgiving-themed workout for before and after your feast.
Exercising before the main meal tomorrow will heighten your energy, which will help you soak in all that quality time with your loved ones.
Workout, put on those stretchy pants for the big meal, and enjoy the day!
SWIVEL WITH FOREARM PLANK
- Start in plank position, but this time, rest on your elbows instead of your hands. Be sure to keep the shoulders depressed back and down and the neck nice and long throughout the movement.
- Keeping your abs engaged, slowly swivel the hips underneath you to the right. Feel your obliques driving this motion as you swivel to the other side with a slow, controlled motion.
STEPBACK LUNGE WITH TRICEP KICKBACK
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand, step your left foot directly behind you, taking a wide stance, and bend your legs, lowering your torso down into a lunge. Be sure and maintain that core stability to prevent injury.
- While in lunge position, keep your shoulders over your hips, back knee slightly bent, front knee in alignment with your front toes, shoulders back and down.
- Feel your weight in your right (front) heel as you push yourself to standing.
- As you return to standing, do a tricep kickback: Reach your arms back behind you and extend, feeling a squeeze in the tricep.
SQUAT WITH CROSS PUNCH
- Rest dumbbells on your hips as you place your left foot behind you. Instead of stepping directly back, the left foot should move diagonally back, with the back knee bending down directly outside the right foot
- Fire up the core muscles as you squat down with the right leg, feeling the emphasis on your right glute (weight placed firmly in the right heel) as the left foot lightly supports you.
- As you return to standing, bring the left foot forward, landing with a wide stance.
- Punch the right hand across your body, toward the left wall, allowing your right foot to rotate as your torso twists to the left, engaging your right glute.
SLICE THE PIE
SIDE LUNGE WITH HAMMER CURL
- Stand with dumbbells in each hand in hammerhead position, with palms facing each other.
- Step out to the right side, with a wide stance. Bend the right leg and lower your hips down as you keep the left leg straight out to the side, feeling a slight stretch in the left inner thigh.
- Pressing off the right foot, keeping your core engaged, push yourself back up to standing.
- As you return to standing, curl the weights up toward your shoulders, squeezing the muscles on the front of the arms for a bicep curl.