Get juicy. As you’ve probably noticed, juice cleanses and detoxes have grown increasingly popular. And while there’s still some controversy in the medical community over the more extreme versions of these diets, there’s certainly some value to simplifying your food intake for a short period of time. For just one day a week, try sticking to liquids – fresh veggie juices, protein shakes packed with nutrients, and of course, plenty of water. Not only is it a great short-term way to shed some excess fat and water weight and increase your energy, but it serves as an overall jumpstart for a healthier way of eating. (And, of course, talk to your doctor before starting any type of cleanse.)
Get hot. Nothing rejuvenates me like the deep relaxation of heat. But don’t jump into a tanning bed just yet. You don’t have to visit a fancy resort to experience the detoxifying, refreshing effects of a sauna or steam room. Follow it up with a hot shower or bath, and you’ve got a perfect formula for unwinding, unclogging your pores, and undoing any tension you’re holding in your muscles.
Get strong. I’ve often said that there’s no fountain of youth, but that strength training is the closest thing we’ve got. Not only does the right kind of strength training help tone the entire body, but the more muscle mass you have, the higher your metabolism will be and more fat you will burn around the clock. Here are some fun strength training moves that will help you firm up, burn fat, and spring your whole body forward.
Abs: Tuck-in Plank with Swivel Under
Here’s a great move for firming up the oh-so-important core.
- Go into a plank position with hands and feet on the floor.
- Pull your right knee into your chest; swivel the left foot,
- bringing your right knee under you to your left.
- Lift your right tucked kneed as high as you can.
- Finish by tucking the knee to your chest and then place it
back on the floor, bracing your core muscles.
- Repeat with the left knee, alternating right and left. Do 8
swivels on each side.
Buns: Bridge with Weights on Hips
Strengthen the legs and glutes to get your lower body shorts-ready.
- Lie on your back with knees bent.
- Hold a light to medium weight on the crease
between the leg and the hips.
- Lift your hips off the floor.
- Lift your right leg off the floor and then lift and
lower the hips 15 times.
- Repeat with your left leg off the floor another 15 times.
Legs & Arms (1): Lunge Dip with Bicep Curl
- Stand with your feet parallel, hip distance apart.
- Hold a medium to heavy weight in each hand.
- Step back with your left leg and dip into a lunge.
- As you dip down bend your elbows, performing a bicep curl.
- Keeping your back straight, dip straight down and up.
- Do 12 repetitions on each leg.
Legs & Arms (2): Tricep Kickback in a Squat
- Hold light to medium weights.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and bend
- Drive your hips back into a squat.
- Tuck your elbows into your waist.
- Straighten your elbows behind you.
- Lift the straight arms.
- As you bend your elbows back in, return to standing. Do 15 repetitions.
Want to rev up your calorie burn and get your entire system ready for spring?
My Kettlebell Solution is exactly what you need to get started with strength straining. Don’t wait any longer… These reasons are more than enough to see that your body needs strength training, and it needs it now.
You’ll get with this kit:
- One 5 lb. Soft Kettlebell
- One 3 lb. Soft Kettlebell
- 4 Workouts on One DVD: Upper Body, Buns & Thighs, Core, and Fat Burning
- Kathy’s Nutrition Solution Guide
- Kettlebell Solution Instructional Wall Chart
All of this for only $39.99, it’s everything you need to get started.
Click Here to Learn More