Lentil Veggie Soup Recipe
- 4 leeks (white and light green parts)
- 3 C. kale (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 28 oz. can whole tomatoes (I prefer fire-roasted in this recipe)
- 8 C. water
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2”
- 1/2 C. Lentils (brown or green)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 C. (1 oz.) grated parmesan
1. Slice each leek in half lengthwise, and then slice each half into 1/4” thigh half-moons (apx. 2 cups). Place in a large bowl of cold water and swish to remove any grit. Drain and pat dry.
2. Remove the stems from the kale, stack the leaves on top of one another and slice them crosswise into 1/4” wide strips.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 3 mins. Add the tomatoes and cook, breaking them apart with a spoon for 5 mins. Add the water and bring to a boil. Stir in kale, sweet potatoes, lentils, thyme, salt, pepper and basil. Simmer until lentils are tender, about 30-40 mins.
PLANT-BASED RECIPES TO IGNITE A weight loss revolution
EASY VEGAN RECIPES
FOR WEIGHT LOSS
e-book available today!