Steamed Fish with Chinese Herbs
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or white wine
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces fish fillets (such as red snapper or rock cod)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 scallions, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Mix soy sauce, sherry, and sesame oil in small bowl. Rub fish with the soy sauce mixture and place in a glass pie plate. Sprinkle ginger evenly over the fish. Sprinkle fish with pepper to taste. Bring water to boiling in a steamer (either a Chinese bamboo steamer or a large pot with a steamer insert that will hold the plate with the fish). Place fish above the steam; cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Sprinkle with the scallions and, if desired, cilantro. Serves 2.
You can find more delicious and healthy recipes from my kitchen in my ReShape Weight Loss Program.