- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 whole egg plus 3 egg whites (or 3⁄4 cup egg substitute or 3⁄4 cup egg purchased egg whites)
- 2 to 4 fresh basil leaves, torn (optional)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Freshly ground pepper
Mist a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Saute the bell pepper in hot skillet until tender (2 to 3 minutes). Add spinach to skillet and stir just until wilted.
Lightly beat whole egg and egg whites in a small bowl. Add eggs to the spinach mixture in skillet. Stir with a rubber spatula until eggs are set. Sprinkle with basil and/or Parmesan cheese, if desired. Season to taste with ground pepper. Serves 1.
Note: If you like, add 1 cooked and crumbled turkey sausage link or slice turkey bacon to the beaten eggs.
You can find more delicious and healthy recipes from my kitchen in my ReShape Weight Loss Program.