HOW TO DO A CURTSY SQUAT WITH CROSS PUNCH
- Rest dumbbells on your hips as you place your left foot behind you. Instead of stepping directly back, the left foot should move diagonally back, with the back knee bending down directly outside the right foot.
- Fire up the core muscles as you squat down with the right leg, feeling the emphasis on your right glute (weight placed firmly in the right heel) as the left foot lightly supports you.
- As you return to standing, bring the left foot forward, landing with a wide stance.
- Punch the right hand across your body, toward the left wall, allowing your right foot to rotate as your torso twists to the left, engaging your right glute.
- Remember, it’s best to master the form of the exercise before adding the resistance challenge of dumbbells.
- Keep the majority of your weight in the front foot, especially the heel, and use the back foot mainly for balance.
30-DAY PERSONALIZED WORKOUT AND NUTRITION PLAN
Ready to start a personalized plan, and rock your results? Try Reshape’s daily personalized nutrition and exercise plan to find out what works best for your body composition and habits.
This app includes daily workout options to push past plateaus, and daily food plans to help you burn fat naturally.