The Best Salad I’ve Ever Tried!
From “The Ivy” in Hollywood
2 large beets, boiled, peeled, and chopped
3 medium zucchini, chopped
2 fresh ears of corn, shucked, steamed, and cut off the cob
1 bunch of scallions, white and light green parts chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 heads butter lettuce, chopped (I used romaine and it was still great)
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 wild salmon fillets
2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Balsamic & Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
6 tablespoons olive oil
Coarse salt and pepper
1. Steam or boil beets until cooked through (roughly 30 minutes). Let them cool (I put them in the fridge for 30 minutes), then peel and cut them into a medium dice. Warning: Fresh beets will stain your hands bright pink.
2. Chop zucchini, corn, and scallions. Heat a pan and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chopped vegetables. Sprinkle with salt. Cook until lightly browned, about 15 minutes – NOTE: if you have access to a grill, rub the vegetables with salt and olive oil and throw them on the grill, then chop them up into bite-sized pieces:
3. Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, and basil and add them to a large bowl:
4. Add the sauteed vegetables to the salad bowl.
1. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, 3 cloves of garlic, 1.5 teaspoons of Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Mix well. Spread on top of the salmon fillets:
2. Bake the salmon for roughly 10-12 minutes until flaky and cooked through.
1. Whisk the balsamic vinegar with agave nectar and lime juice in a bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until you dress the salad.
IT’S TOO HOT OUTSIDE! COOL DOWN WITH A SHAKE.
The KS Wellness smoothie leaves out all GMOs, soy, lactose, casein, and sugar. And, its velvety richness will leave you feeling guiltlessly satisfied.
20 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving
8 Billion essential probiotics per serving