5-Min Easy & Energizing Breakfasts
Great days start with a smart breakfast. To set your self up for success, you need simple breakfast shortcuts that pack in a lot of healthy in not a lot of time. Today, you’ll learn four fast & easy breakfast recipes that are ready in 5 mins or less…
- Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats – It may seem a little out there, but one little jar of overnight oats is packed with unexpected deliciousness. Plus, they’ll keep in the fridge for 3 days.
- Mediterranean Frittata – This is microwavable eggy goodness dish is as easy as it gets! Fill it with your choice of olives, artichoke hearts, and veggies.
- Mochaccino Coffee Protein Shake – If you’re a coffee lover, trade out your morning cup of joe with this coffee-infused protein shake! (I recommend using the Kathy Smith Protein Shake)
- Raspberry Peach Smoothie Bowl – Creamy, but thick enough to eat with a spoon, this breakfast bowls are made in less than five minutes, and packed with protein and nutrients.
Remember, healthy eating is only one part of the weight loss equation. If you’re looking to crush calories and tone your entire body in the shortest amount of time, try the calorie-devouring routines in my Toned In 10 Mins Kit! (The kit includes three of my fan-favorite fat-loss DVDs!)
Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats
1 cup rolled oats
1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk (light or full-fat, your choice!)
1/2 cup greek yogurt, preferably coconut flavored! (I used siggi’s)
1/4 cup toasted unsweetened, flaked coconut (I use bob’s red mill), plus extra for topping
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup almond butter (I use Justin’s)
For serving: extra toasted coconut, almond butter, sliced kiwi, honey for drizzling
Honey caramelized pineapple 1/2 cup pineapple chunks or spears 1 tablespoon honey
Nonstick olive oil or coconut oil spray
¼ cup onion, diced
¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, drained and diced
¼ cup artichoke hearts, diced
1 teaspoon dried parsley
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
Spray a small, microwave-safe pan with cooking spray. Whisk eggs. Add in all other ingredients. Microwave 30 seconds, or until mostly set on the bottom. Add more time in 10-sec intervals if needed. Flip eggs and microwave until set.
Mochaccino Protein Shake
1 serving chocolate protein powder (I recommend using the Kathy Smith Protein Shake)
½ cup unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk
½ cup brewed coffee, chilled
½ frozen banana
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1 tablespoon flaxseed oil or Omega-3 fish oil supplement
Raspberry Peach Smoothie Bowl
1/2 C unsweetened almond or coconut milk
1/2 C frozen raspberries
1/2 C frozen peaches
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1 serving vanilla or chocolate protein powder
Blend all ingredients together. Splash in more milk if necessary, but be sure to keep the mixture thick. Serve in a bowl topped with 1 Tbsp pumpkin seeds and 1/4 C fresh raspberries. Top with nuts and chia or flax seeds.
Short Workouts, Big Results!
The Tone in 10 Kit Includes….
- FastFit – Five 10-minute workouts designed to give you a flatter, firmer figure in the fastest possible time.
- Tummy Trimmers – Mix and match the five 10-minute segments of Tummy Trimmers to tone, trim, and tighten your abs like never before!
- Total Body Turnaround – Three 20-minute balance, circuit and energy workouts to ramp up your calorie burn and attack trouble spots. If you don’t have time for all 20 minutes of the workout, complete as much as you have time for!