4 Ways To Make Planks Less Boring
The classic plank is a superhero move when it comes to toning your abs. The only problem? It can be painfully boring. Here are 4 variations to add some excitement to your planks, and make the seconds tick by faster… Alternate between all four of these moves for 30 seconds each. Repeat for 5 sets.
1 – PLANK WITH SWIVEL
- Start in plank position, resting on your elbows instead of your hands.
- Be sure to keep the shoulders depressed back and down and the neck nice and long throughout the movement.
- Keeping your abs engaged, slowly swivel the hips..first to the right and then to the left.
- Feel your obliques driving this motion as you swivel from side to side with a slow, controlled motion.
* You can modify this movement by resting on your knees instead of full plank position.
2 – SIDE SWEEPERS
- Begin on your hands and knees in plank position. Align your wrists directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Distribute your weight evenly across your hands.
- Lift your right leg up, in-line with your torso and pointing behind you. Keep the abdominals drawn in tight toward the spine.
- Draw the right knee toward the right elbow.
- Now, gently move your knee until you touch the left elbow.
- Return to the starting plank position and repeat on the other leg.
3 – CHATURANGA
- Begin in plank position with your arms extended
- Lower yourself down, so your elbows are in a 90 degree angle, keeping your elbows by your side and your abs engaged.
- Move into to downward dog, pressing your hips up and back until your body makes an inverted “V.” Sink your feet into the floor as your chest presses toward your knees.
4 – SIDE PLANK
- Start in plank position, with your hands on the floor just underneath your shoulders. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Shift your weight to your left hand as you slowly lift your right hand off the floor, toward the ceiling. Rotate your torso and hips, keeping your shoulders and hips stacked on top of each other.
- Repeat on the other side.
- You can modify the side plank by resting on your elbows instead of your hands.
YOU’RE ONLY 30 DAYS AWAY FROM FLAT ABS!
With The NEW 30-Day Flat-Abs Challenge!
The NEW 30-Day Flat Abs Challenge Includes:
- 30 Daily workouts to flip your belly fat-burning switch! From videos to audio workouts, from walking to strength training to barre, your ab-tightening workouts will be delivered straight to your email bright and early every morning. And, your first routine will arrive within 24 hours of signing up!
- 30 Belly-fat fighting recipes – Enjoy the daily step-by-step recipes so you know EXACTLY what to eat every day. Which means, by the time summertime rolls around, you’ll have perfected these mouth-watering (and healthier) options.
- 30 Hormone-resetting tips – Each day, I’ll teach you how your hormones could be whipping you up a muffin top, and a quick tip on how to steer your hormones in the right direction for rapid belly-fat loss.
- BONUS: Private Q&A with me! – Any time during the challenge, email me, and I’ll answer your #1 fat-burning question!