Yoga For Strength Training
The past few weeks, we’ve been digging into one of my favorite topics – strength training. (If you missed it, start here for 10 Reasons To Strength Train At ANY Age.)
But today, I want to dive into an element of strength training that you may not have thought about before…yoga.
Yoga is so much more than just a flexibility routine. Yoga’s an integrative practice that focuses on bodyweight bearing exercises that strengthens your entire body.
Here’s the difference…A classic dumbbell routine emphasizes concentric contractions (the muscle contracts when it shortens) whereas many yoga poses are held statically or isometrically. Transitioning to the next yoga pose requires eccentric or lengthening contractions, which gives your muscles a long, lean look.
Today, I’ll show you a 3-minute video with yoga poses that strengthen your entire body. Because these moves require you to hold your own body weight against gravity, you’ll feel the intensity and enjoy a stronger, leaner body…and a calmer mind.
30 Day Lift Weights To Lose Weight Program – To Protect Your Body And Experience Life!
The 30 Day Lift Weights To Lose Weight Program Includes
- BONUS TODYA ONLY – Yoga Sculpt DVD – Feel revitalized! Yoga Sculpt includes two complete yoga workouts to increase your energy, relax your mind and strengthen your midsection. Includes both foundation level and advanced yoga.
- Ageless Staying Strong DVD – Reset your body with four 15-minute workouts! This target-training DVD sculpts your arms, legs, glutes and core while using light weights. The progression of exercises are designed to give you maximum results in record time.
- Lift Weights To Lose Weight DVD -Two 20-min upper and lower body tightening workouts to tone your entire figure and boost your metabolism!
- Lift Weights To Lose Weight 2 DVD – 50-Min workout that includes the best of weight training with a Pilates twist!
- 30-Day Calendar – Take the guesswork out of exercise! This 30-day guide shows you exactly what workout to do each day.