4 Easy and Mouth-Watering Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
I’m a smoothie freak! Healthy protein smoothies are the cornerstone of jumpstarting your weight loss and flattening your abs. Even weight loss smoothies that claim to be “healthy” can be full of sugar and empty calories. These four easy smoothie recipes will supply you with proper nutrients (even when you’re in a hurry) and also help you maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
Plus, here are 5 reasons why you’ll love these protein shake recipes:
- Easy to make!
- Packed with nutrition
- Keep you energized
- Help you slim down
- Convenient while on-the-go
Try adding any of these 5 ingredients to pump up the nutritional value of your smoothies:
- Parsley contains lots of iron
- Aloe vera detoxes the colon
- Spinach or kale – think green to get lean!
- Ginger is perfect to aid digestive issues. I’m always adding it to my smoothies for a morning burst!
- Flaxseed oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids…perfect to protect bone health and helps prevent heart disease.
Try these 4 delicious weight loss smoothie recipes:
1. Strawberry Lemon Bliss Protein Shake
Low in calories, high in protein!
1 handful of strawberries, stems cut off
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1-2 handfuls of ice (about 3/4 cup)
Water (about 3/4 cup)
1 serving vanilla or chocolate protein powder
1 tsp Maca powder
Blend together until smooth. Enjoy!
Yield 1 serving
2. Belly Fat Blasting Berry Protein Shake
Double the protein!
1 cup mixed frozen berries (raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries)
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek or Icelandic yogurt
2 medjool dates (pitted)
1 serving vanilla protein powder (optional)
1 C. Unsweetened almond milk
Blend together and enjoy! Yield 1 serving
3. Tropical Chiller Protein Shake
8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 C. drained canned pineapple tidbits
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/8 tsp. coconut or almond extract
Garnish with fresh mint
Combine water, pineapple, protein powder and coconut extract in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. For a thicker shake, use less liquid or add ice.
Yield 1 serving.
4. Strawberry Chocolate Protein Shake
1 cup Frozen Strawberries
1 cup Almond Milk
½ cup ice
1 tsp dark cocoa powder
Stevia, to taste
½ – 1 scoop PGX granules
Combine all ingredients blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!